You can notified first about the highest rated digital courses and receive curated articles about digital education. Tests, exercises, articles and other resources help students to better understand and deepen their understanding of the topic. Once you have installed the Visual Studio 2019 and .Net Core 3.1 SDK, you can start building a new ASP.NET Core Application. In this article, I will discuss How to Perform Database CRUD Operations in ASP.NET Core MVC Web Application using Entity Framework Core (EF Core Code First) Approach with Multiple Database tables. Please read our Entity Framework Basics article series before proceeding to this article.
Views in MVC Application are responsible for presenting content through the user interface. In ASP.NET Core MVC Application, we use the Razor View Engine to embed .NET code in HTML markup. There should be minimal logic (you should not write any business logic, calculation logic, etc.) within views, and any logic in them should only be related to presenting the content.
ASP.NET Core MVC – Views
Now, to see the Employee details, click on the Details button shown in the above image. Once you click on the Details button, it will open the following Details view. Now, if you run the application and go to the Employees/Create URL, you will see it displays the Department ID in the Drop-Down List instead of the Department name, as shown in the image below. Use EF Core migrations to create and update the database schema. So, open the Package Manager Console and Execute the add-migration and update-database commands as follows.
- To fetch the Student data from the database, the controller uses the StudentBusinessLayer class.
- You’ll then dive into JSON web APIs which allow communication between your back-end ASP.NET application and front-end web/mobile application.
- ASP.NET Core merges ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET Web API, and ASP.NET Web Pages into
one application framework.
- Once you have installed the Visual Studio 2019 and .Net Core 3.1 SDK, you can start building a new ASP.NET Core Application.
With ASP.NET Core MVC Routing, creating SEO-friendly URLs becomes effortless and manageable from a single location, eliminating the probability of errors. You no longer need to hard-code the URL, as the Routing feature generates it based on your established structure. With ASP.NET Core MVC, you have complete control over the HTML you generate. This means you can create simple or complex HTML and style it using CSS to display it on the browser. Additionally, you have full control over the HTTP requests that are sent between the server and browser. ASP.NET Core MVC easily integrates client-side libraries such as jQuery, Angular, React, and Bootstrap.
Are you sure you want to delete this?
While selecting a view, it is also the responsibility of the controller to pass the model data. In this article, I am going to give you a brief Introduction to ASP.NET Core MVC Framework. The ASP.NET Core framework is growing in popularity among developers and is also anticipated to continue to do so. On the .NET platform, ASP.NET is a well-known web development framework for constructing web applications. ASP.NET Core MVC is a robust framework for building online programs and APIs using the Model-View-Controller architectural pattern. As part of this article, we are going to discuss the following pointers.
Once you click the Delete button, it will delete the employee and then navigate to the Index view. Once you update the data and click on the Save button, it will save the data into the database and redirect to the Index view, where you can see the updated data, as shown in the image below. The way we have created the EmployeesController, in the same way, we can also create the DepartmentsController.
Developing Applications with ASP.NET Core [Educative Cousre]
ASP.NET Core MVC is Microsoft’s Web Application development framework that is in great demand today. It follows the Model-View-Controller (MVC) architecture and incorporates methodologies from Agile Development, along with the most effective aspects of the .NET platform. The ASP.NET Core MVC Framework provides us with a patterns-based way to develop dynamic websites with a clean separation of concerns.
We’ve heard your feedback. You can now pay just once and get full access to every course on Educative.
So, in simple words, we can say that the Model is the component in the MVC Design pattern that is used to manage the data, i.e., the state of the application in memory. The Model represents ASP.NET Core 3.1 MVC Lessons a set of classes used to describe the application’s validation, business, and data access logic. So in our example, the model consists of Student and StudentBusinessLayer classes.
- The ASP.NET Core MVC framework is used for building Web Apps using the Model-View-Controller (MVC) Design Pattern.
- In our example, we use the Student class to hold the student data in memory.
- Once you update the data and click on the Save button, it will save the data into the database and redirect to the Index view, where you can see the updated data, as shown in the image below.
- If you are looking for an interactive course to learn ASP .NET course in 2023 the this text-based, interactive course from Educative is a great one to start with for beginners.
- The ASP.NET Core MVC Framework provides us with a patterns-based way to develop dynamic websites with a clean separation of concerns.
- You will learn how to use the Entity Framework for integration with a database with ASP.NET Core Razor Pages.
By the way, you can access both the Pluralsight course with one membership. It cost around $29 per month or $299 pre-year (14% discount) and gives access to their 7000+ online courses. I short if you want to learn ASP .NET MVC 5, join this course. Alternatively, you can also check Youtube, which is probably the single most significant resource to learn almost anything, not just programming a technology.